The Universal Piping Industries safety policy is the prevention of all occupational injuries. Our Company goal is to establish the safest and healthiest work environment possible. Management at all levels is responsible for integrating this policy into positive, productive business practices. Management has the responsibility for developing, implementing and enforcing all safety rules and regulations and to employ effective training programs. The success of our safety program depends on the full cooperation of each individual employee.
A safe working environment does not merely occur – it is created. At Universal Piping Industries, the ultimate objective of a safe, accident free work environment is accomplished by our dedicated team of employees committed to adhering to the following policies:
- U - Understanding the hazards associated with the tasks being performed.
- P - Prevent hazards through appropriate planning, training and continuous monitoring.
- I - Investigate and Initiate corrective action. All accidents, including near misses, shall be researched to determine cause. Actions deemed necessary to prevent future occurrence shall be implemented and monitored.
UPI’s safety program has been developed to ensure compliance with all federal, state and local regulations.
Production will never take precedence over safety. Safety must be an integral part of production efficiency, quality control and cost reduction.
Every manager and supervisor is accountable for maintaining a safe work environment for all employees. We empower each of our staff to become involved in our safety program, to be knowledgeable about the standards of our operations, and to implement the applicable policies and procedures on projects under their directions.
- Current Experienced Modifier: .47
- Current Recordable Incident Rate: .59
- Current Dart Rate: .00